Controller: get the final value of the controlled variable

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

Controller: get the final value of the controlled variable

Postby kevin032 » 30 January 2018, 10:29

Dear everyone,

I have a flowsheet with controllers. The flowsheet converges with the controllers and reaches the specified values but I didn't find how to get values of the controlled variable. Could you please tell me how to get it ? Thank you very much.

Also, do you know a way to make it converge faster ?

Than you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Kevin
kevin032

Re: Controller: get the final value of the controlled variab

Postby jasper » 30 January 2018, 15:04

The controlled variables are on the stream you are connecting the controller with. Double click the stream. Also the controlled variable is typically an input somewhere else (e.g. input parameter to a unit operation); you can inspect the variable there as well. For both there are several ways to 'expose' the variables short of double clicking: unit operation parameter report and stream reports, watch variables, virtual information ports, tool tips, ...

Convergence depends very much on the problem. Without looking at the problem it is hard to say anything more about it.
jasper

Postby kevin032 » 31 January 2018, 16:08

Thanks Jasper.

Nevertheless, when I look on the information stream or on the unit operation, I still see the initial value although I know this value must have changed because my flowsheet reached the specified value. Any idea why ?
kevin032

Postby jasper » 31 January 2018, 18:24

Not sure without being able to look at the flowsheet. Can you send it for inspection, or attach it?
jasper

Postby jasper » 31 January 2018, 18:27

Short of that, you can remove the controller, and do a parametric study (input is controlled variable, output is measured variable). This usually explains a lot.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)