Use of the WAR algorithm for environmental impact study

Discussions about use of CAPE-OPEN interfaces in Aspen Hysys, a piece of software developed and marketed by Aspentech.

Use of the WAR algorithm for environmental impact study

Postby Rodrigo » 27 September 2018, 19:54

Good afternoon! How to use the WAR algorithm to do the environmental impact study on Aspen Hysys? Is this algorithm embedded in the software? would anyone have a manual teaching to do this study? thank you!
Rodrigo

Re: Use of the WAR algorithm for environmental impact study

Postby wbarrett » 02 October 2018, 12:32

Rodrigo,

I am assuming the question is related to how to use the WAR algorithm from a simulation package.

Dr. Todd Martin at the US EPA developed a version of the WAR Algorithm (WAR GUI) that parsed an Aspen report about 15 years ago, That version was coded in Visual Basic 6, and the report format from Aspen changed after the development. The version has not been maintained. So, at present I am not aware of an ability to use WAR from Aspen.

Currently, CHEMCAD has a built-in WAR application. The other implementation available is one I developed that is included with COCO. The version in COCO makes use of an early version of the Flowsheet monitoring interfaces. Hopefully, the Flowsheet monitoring interfaces will be finalized and adopted more widely. That way, tools like WAR can be used from any simulator.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
wbarrett

Re: Use of the WAR algorithm for environmental impact study

Postby Rodrigo » 03 October 2018, 18:53

382/5000
Thanks for the comment, I currently use COCO in some research at the University, doing some research on process modeling and some master's work the author made comments on the use of WAR in Aspen so I would like to know how to use the WAR in Aspen. how do we use the previous versions of Aspen Hysys is it possible to do these studies?
Rodrigo

Return to Aspen Hysys (Aspen Technology Inc.)