CUP update

Discusses use of COCO, the process simulation and modelling software suite from AmsterCHEM, downloadable from http://www.cocosimulator.org

Moderator: jasper

CUP update

Postby rhsrxs » 16 July 2022, 20:42

COCO recently ran the CUP update and afterwards I get the following message when I click on the COCO shortcut or the executable file - "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
rhsrxs

Re: CUP update

Postby jasper » 19 July 2022, 12:35

That's strange - what if you run COFE.exe directly from the installation folder?
jasper

Postby rhsrxs » 19 July 2022, 22:24

Same message. I had to reinstall the original COCOInstall_v3.5.0.0 and when it asked to update the CUP program, I declined. Able to run COCO with COCOInstall_v3.5 without the updates. I can update ChemSep. I tried updating COCO several time and always got the same message - "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
rhsrxs

Postby jasper » 20 July 2022, 10:12

Sorry about the difficulties you are experiencing.

Not clear on your reply - this message appears when you double click on <COFE FOLDER>\x64\COFE.exe? Or this message appears when you try to run CUP?

From your original message I understood the problem was with running COCO, but now I suspect form your message is the problem is when running COCO Update (CUP)? Can you try removing the _COCO_UPDATE_FILES_ folder in the %temp% directory, if there is one, and try again?
jasper

Postby rhsrxs » 24 July 2022, 19:06

Yes, the problem is running COCO after CUP is updated. After multiple tries and still getting the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I decided to check the security on the COFE file and get the following: "The permissions on COFE are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective." When Click on OK, I get the permissions associated with this file. The number 1 permission is labeled as NULL SID. When I install the original COCO installation (COCOInstall_v3.5.0.0), the number 1 permission is Authenticated Users.
rhsrxs

Postby jasper » 25 July 2022, 09:59

that is very strange - can you change the permissions?
jasper

Postby rhsrxs » 26 July 2022, 01:50

Yes, I can change the permissions. But this is abnormal to have to change permissions. Maybe it is the fault of the CUP update on COCO. Don't have the problem on the original install of COCOinstall_v3.5.0.0.
rhsrxs

Postby jasper » 26 July 2022, 14:16

I cannot reproduce the problem on any installation - so I have no way of validating that the problem is caused by CUP or even fixing it.
jasper

Return to COCO (AmsterCHEM)