Adding energy stream to customized unit (Matlab CAPE-OPEN)

Moderator: jasper

Adding energy stream to customized unit (Matlab CAPE-OPEN)

Postby antoinetonee » 17 October 2022, 02:40

Hello,
I have been tinkering an idea of adding an energy stream to the customized separator unit in the COCO-Matlab CAPE-OPEN's Water-Ethanol membrane distillation model tutorial (illustration is given in figure below.

The problem is that I checked out the manual of CAPE-OPEN and it doesn't include macro for the addition of energy stream (or information stream) for the Matlab customized process unit. Could anyone shed a light on how to do so?

Thanks in advance.

antoinetonee

Re: Adding energy stream to customized unit (Matlab CAPE-OPE

Postby jasper » 20 October 2022, 09:57

The Matlab CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation does not currently support energy streams.

Are you planning on doing this in COCO/COFE? If not, which simulator will you use?
jasper

Re: Adding energy stream to customized unit (Matlab CAPE-OPE

Postby antoinetonee » 21 October 2022, 00:16

jasper wrote:The Matlab CAPE-OPEN Unit Operation does not currently support energy streams.

Are you planning on doing this in COCO/COFE? If not, which simulator will you use?

Yes, I'll be planning to do it in COCO. If it doesn't support energy stream, is it possible to express the energy consumption of the unit in another way (like, for example, similar to that of flash separator or heat exchanger)?

And if the inlet component contains more than two components (and still intend to separate one component), what are necessary modification to the Matlab code?

Edit: I also tried to parametrize "sepFactor" and "cut" values (below is the case if the former) in the original file, but neither worked. I'd appreciate if there's any idea to parametrize the Matlab-created parameters.

antoinetonee

Return to MATLAB Unit Operation (AmsterCHEM)