chemsep virtual information ports

Moderator: jasper

chemsep virtual information ports

Postby ed@mo-ed.com » 24 July 2013, 06:17

I want to do a parametric study on a distillation column in CHEMSEP. As input would be the feed stage. In the GUI of CHEMSEP under the CAPE-OPEN tab, i selected "show all options" and variables: "input: Feed1 stage". Close the GUI and in COFE selet ports, "add virtual information port" ïnput" and the feed stage is not available. Back in the GUI of CHEMSEP the variables have been erased.

Am i doing something wrong here?
ed@mo-ed.com

Re: chemsep virtual information ports

Postby jasper » 24 July 2013, 08:37

Looks like something is not functioning with the added ChemSep parameters. It has been reported to the Chemsep authors and will be looked into.

You can only attach a virtual information port to a real number, not to an integer number. The parametric study also only allowed for real parameter until now, but has been modified to deal with integer parameters as well. This update is available via CUP.
jasper

Re: chemsep virtual information ports

Postby jasper » 28 July 2013, 11:50

After checking again, it appears that adding user parameters in ChemSep simply works. I do believe I also saw that the added parameter was ignored, but I can no longer produce it. Please do follow up in case you experience further trouble.

It does appear that stage numbers are exposed from the ChemSep model as real numbers rather than as integer numbers. This problem has been reported.
jasper

Return to ChemSep Unit Operation