Question about Unit Operation in Aspen Plus V10.0

Discusses use of Aspen Plus CAPE-OPEN interfaces (UNIT and Thermo). Aspen Plus is a software developed and marketed by Aspentech.

Question about Unit Operation in Aspen Plus V10.0

Postby Liangyao » 17 August 2020, 08:35

Hello,
May I ask you a question? I adapted several operating units I needed according to the source code of the CPP Mixer Splitter example provided by you. The first few were ok.I've also tried to add some of my own methods to the unit operation. But when I first tried to adapt an operating unit with more than 2 feed products (the unit operation in the figure is 3), the following bugs occurred. To connect the stream to the second product port,drag the material stream to the product port of the unit operation, select the port name, and the material stream origin somehow flies away. Although the Aspen Plus interface shows the connection flow, the actual operation is equivalent to the port having no connection flow. In the codes, If you check port number normally, you will report a warning when you run.And the results summary is the case of “esle(not numberOfConnectedProductPorts==2 or numberOfConnectedProductPorts==3) ”.if you verify one less, you also will report a warning when you run. And the results summary is the case of “numberOfConnectedProductPorts==2”
I can't find where the number of product port is limited in the codes.I need some help.
Code: Select all
for (i=2;i<5;i++)
 {port=(MaterialPortObject *)portCollection->items[i];
if (port->IsConnected()) numberOfConnectedProductPorts++;
}
Liangyao

Re: Question about Unit Operation in Aspen Plus V10.0

Postby jasper » 19 August 2020, 09:03

Perhaps the first thing to do it to check whether it is a problem with the unit operation or with the PME.

"The stream origin flies away" -is this Aspen Plus? Or another PME?

Can you check if it works in a different PME? E.g. COCO/COFE?
jasper

Re: Question about Unit Operation in Aspen Plus V10.0

Postby Liangyao » 09 September 2020, 02:35

Thanks Jasper for your reply.
By observing the system reaction of Aspen Plus V10.0 original unit operation when connected.I found that when multiple streams were connected to one port of an unit operation, the system would automatically create a small dislocation in the connection segment of the stream. So that the user could see the different streams clearly. This mechanism should have caused the previous problem.
Liangyao

Return to Aspen Plus (Aspen Technology Inc.)